Greene County officials say that almost $800,000 in funding from the Emergency Rental Assistance Program has been deployed into the community.
The program is aimed to help residents who have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic pay for rent and utilities.
The latest update from Greene County officials says as of April 20:
- 4,505 calls about the program
- 1,431 have been screened for eligibility and 815 appointments have been made with partner organizations
- 426 face-to-face appointments have been completed, with 348 providing final information
- 344 awards have been given totaling $799,733.49
Potential applicants are encouraged to visit just one of the partner organizations so the process can be streamlined. The partners are:
- Ozarks Area Community Action Corporation (OACAC) 417-447-0554
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services 417-889-7474
- Community Partnership of the Ozarks 417-888-2020
- Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri 417-268-9998
- Council of Churches of the Ozarks 417-887-3545
- The Salvation Army 417-862-5509