MoDOT announced that a series of lane closures planned for James River Freeway between Kansas Expressway and the Scenic Avenue bridge, and Golden Avenue under Route 60. The closures were originally scheduled for March 10-16, but were delayed because of weather issues.
- U.S. Route 60 (James River Freeway) westbound driving lane closed between Kansas Expressway and the Scenic Avenue bridge over U.S. Route 60; 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Tuesday & Wednesday, March 23 & 24
- U.S. Route 60 (James River Freeway) eastbound driving lane closed between Golden Avenue under Route 60 and the Scenic Avenue bridge over Route 60; 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Thursday & Friday, March 25 & 26
Contractor crews will be repairing components under the Scenic Avenue bridge over James River Freeway.
The construction will have the following impacts:
- Route 60 westbound and eastbound reduced to one lane during the day
- One lane of Route 60 will remain open in each direction
- All lanes of Route 60 open during nighttime hours
- Scenic Avenue bridge over Route 60 (James River Freeway) open
- Drivers urged to find alternate routes. No signed detours are planned.
- Electronic message boards located near the planned road work will alert drivers to any changes in the work schedule
Weather can delay the project.