The Springfield-Greene County Health Department and Jordan Valley Community Health Center is offering COVID-19 vaccines to essential workers in Phase 1B-Tier 3 starting Monday.
The latest tier of vaccinations is also kicking off Monday statewide.
The health department says new opportunities for appointments are being added regularly based on supply, and nearly one in ten adults in Greene County have already been fully vaccinated.
Here’s that latest from the Springfield-Greene County Health Department on Phase 1B-Tier 3 vaccinations:
The Phase 1B – Tier 3 group includes:
- K-12 teachers and school staff, including substitute teachers
- Childcare workers in DHSS-licensed facilities
- Food and agriculture employees, excluding restaurants and bars
- Communications infrastructure and media with an emergency function
- Local energy providers
- City, county, state, and federal employees
- Information technology company staff
- Mass transit and freight employees
- Water and wastewater systems staff
- Dams and nuclear energy sector staff
More information on Missouri’s priority phases of eligibility can be found at covidvaccine.mo.gov/priority
To schedule a vaccination appointment at the Jordan Valley Community Health Center site, individuals should first complete the Missouri Vaccine Navigator registration and obtain a patient ID. Those who have already registered should have received an email with their patient ID and can call the State of Missouri hotline at 877-435-8411 if they are unable to locate it. An appointment can then be made for one of the multiple COVID-19 vaccine clinics scheduled. Sign up links can be found at health.springfieldmo.gov/COVIDvaccine
Individuals who do not have access to the internet, or who need assistance completing the Missouri Vaccine Navigator or scheduling an appointment can call our call center Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm at 417-874-1211.
Employers who would like more information on COVID-19 vaccination options and resources for their employees can complete this form.
Individuals interested in staying up to date on our community’s vaccination efforts have several options:
- Sign up for regular email, text messages and automated phone calls at health.springfieldmo.gov/FinishStrong. There you can also sign a pledge to keep up prevention efforts.
- Visit health.springfieldmo.gov/COVIDvaccine for information on vaccine safety and availability, as well as Frequently Asked Questions.
- Sign up for brief text message updates or automated phone calls by reaching out to our call center Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm at 417-874-1211.
- Sign up to receive our news releases by using the Notify Me tool on our website.
- Follow our social media accounts at facebook.com/SGCHD and twitter.com/SGCHD