Photo Courtesy of Shutterstock

Walnut Street Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental

Springfield Fire Department says faulty electrical wiring is the cause of a fire at an apartment on Historic Walnut Street.

The fire happened Wednesday afternoon at the Walnut Manor Apartments at 920 Walnut Street near John Q Hammons Parkway.

Springfield Fire Department says the fire was accidental and started in wiring on the first floor.

The fire department says they last inspected the building in 2019.

They add the smoke alarms were working and going off as they were fighting the fire.

There were no injuries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.