The Willard School district says masks will be “strongly encouraged” for students in Grades Pre-K through 12 when they return to class August 23rd.
The district plans to start at “Level One” learning, which entails:
- School operations will be as normal as possible (face-to-face)
- Social distancing will be required and enforced when possible
- Masks will be strongly encouraged for students grades PreK-12
- Visitors will be strongly encouraged to wear masks in to the building and will be limited and require pre-approval
- Hand washing/hand sanitizer will be available and frequently encouraged
School leaders say a mask will be required and provided to any student or staff member presenting to the health services office with COVID-19 type symptoms, as determined by the school nurse.
The district says when a building reaches 8% or more of students/staff absent due to COVID-19 reasons, leaders could re-issue a mask requirement for a minimum of two weeks or until those absences drop to fewer than 4% in that building for two consecutive weeks.
All students will be required to wear a mask when riding on the school bus per the CDC order that school busses are considered public transportation.
You can read the Willard school district’s full COVID-19 policies here.