Boy riding bmx bike

City Council to Discuss New Bike and Pedestrian Project

Springfield City Council is expected to have the first reading of a proposal to make bicycle and pedestrian improvements along Grand Street at Monday night’s council meeting.

Bike and pedestrian lanes would be added to Grand between National and Kansas Expressway.

80% of the cost of the project would be paid for by a grant from the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission, with the remaining 20% coming from the one eighth cent transportation sales tax.