The Springfield City Council has allocated over $30 million for various projects and area improvements.
On Wednesday, $31 million was awarded, with an additional $7 million set aside for future projects to assist with homelessness in the city.
Springfield has nearly $40 million in funds granted to them from the American Rescue Plan Act passed in 2021.
A total of 10 projects will be granted funds, which are expected to be formally approved in August.
The list of projects, and the amounts they have been granted, include:
- Jordan Creek Renewal Project- $500,000
- Cooper/Killian Park- $7.3 million
- City-wide Housing Study- $500,000
- Grand Street Underpass- $750,000
- Restore SGF Project- $1 million
- Historic City Hall Renovation- $4 million
- Art Museum Education Wing- $3 million
- Ozark Greenways Chadwick Flyer Trail- $3 million
- Homeless Projects- $7 million
- Boys and Girls Clubs- $2 million