Photo Courtesy of Envato Elements

Woman from Republic Dies after House Fire

A woman from Republic is dead following a house fire over the weekend.

Investigators say the fire started Sunday night along Moonlight Street near Hines, where they believe smoking near an oxygen source in the home started the blaze.

The flames did minor damage to the home. Officials discovered there were no working smoke detectors in the house.

Firefighters located at 73-year-old woman inside the house and transported her to a local hospital, where she died of her injuries on Wednesday.

Her identity is known, but has not yet been released to the public.