Danger High Voltage Sign on an Electrical Box
Photo Courtesy of Envato Elements

Firefighter from Willard Recovering After Being Electrocuted During Trailer Fire

A firefighter with the Willard Fire Protection District is recovering after he was electrocuted while battling a trailer fire.

Crews were called to the location on North Farm Road 115 at around 7:30pm Tuesday night to the structure completely in flames.

Investigators say the structure became electrically charged somehow, and shocked the man when he touched it.

Officials say he was not seriously injured. Crews were eventually able to put out the fire.

The cause of the fire is still being investigated.