Courtesy of Mountain Grove Fire Department

Mountain Grove Firefighters Evacuate Block After Explosion

Firefighters in Mountain Grove had to evacuate an entire block due to natural gas concerns.

The fire department said on Facebook that a ruptured gas line caused an explosion in a detached garage at a funeral home parking lot at Main Avenue and Third Street.

Fire crews were extinguishing the fire when natural gas began filling some of the buildings in the area.

They asked people to evacuate the area.

The Mountain Grove Fire Department says the fire is under control and crews are cleaning up the area.